You are the proud owner of Amazon’s small connected speaker, Echo Dot. So you can not wait to try it out and configure it to make the most of the services of its digital assistant, Alexa. In this article, we will explain its startup but also How to factory reset and configure Amazon Echo Dot.
How to configure and install the Amazon Echo Dot
Amazon likes to simplify the lives of its users. This is not a surprise when you see the ease of ordering on amazon site. For his speaker Echo Dot, the American giant has also made things quite practical. Two ways are possible, via the website or via the mobile application Amazon Alexa.
How to configure the Echo Dot via the application
Download the Amazon Alexa app:You may have difficulty finding the application on the Play Store ( here is the APK file ). To
1-Log in to your account (or create an account) and follow the instructions
2-Choose from the list of devices the one that interests you (in this case the Echo Dot) then choose the language you want (English or German).
3-Wait for the orange light around your Echo Dot then validate. If you do not see the orange light, simply hold down the Action button (the one with the dot) for 5 seconds.
4-After a minute, you are connected to your Echo Dot. Then select your WiFi network and enter the password.
5-After a short wait, your Echo Dot is ready and you can talk. Vuos also have the option of connecting it to another Bluetooth speaker.
How to configure the amazon Echo Dot via the site
The configuration is similar to the application:
- Go to HERE and sign in to your account.
- Click on Settings and then Set up a new device
- Choose your device from the list and choose the language
- Connect to WiFi and connect your Echo to the mains
- When your Echo Dot says Ready for Setup , connect directly to the WI-Fi network it has created .
- Find your network in the drop-down list and choose it
- You can use your amazon Echo Dot
How to reset and configure Amazon Echo Dot ?
You want to sell your Echo Dot or simply reset it to make it more efficient. Here too, a solution opens up to you. To do this, follow these steps:
- Press and hold the Mute and Volume down buttons at the same time until the light ring turns orange (about 20 seconds).
- The light ring then turns blue.
- Wait until the light ring turns off and on again.
- The light ring turns orange again and your device goes into setup mode.
How to connect a Bluetooth speaker to your Amazon Echo?
Unlike the Home Mini, the amzon Echo Dot can connect to other existing speakers via the mini-jack available on the Echo Dot or via Bluetooth. This is a significant advantage because it allows you to enjoy better sound quality with a multi-room sound. Know before you start that it is also possible to connect your speaker via the mini jack at the back. Here is how to proceed:
- Go to the settings of the Amazon Alexa app. Select your device and go to Bluetooth.
- Click on Pair a new device. Echo Dot must then go into pairing mode.
- A few seconds later, the connection is made and you can use the speaker.
- To disconnect you simply disconnect from the application or tell him “Alexa disconnect”
After configure Amazon Echo Dot: what is the next step?
As for the Google Home Mini, you can use other connected devices like Philips Hue with Amazon Echo.
Have you experienced any problems configuring your Amazon Echo Dot? Tell us everything in the comments.