Your smartphone just dropped in the water? Be careful, a phone that falls into the water (provided it is not waterproof and benefits from IP certification of course), it’s really loose. And in this period of vacation where you will regularly find yourself at the edge of the water, the danger is everywhere. So we offer some tips to Save Smartphone Fallen into the water.
When our smartphone takes the water, on the moment, it’s always a little hysteria . There we try a little everything and anything, in haste hoping to save our smartphone drowned.So, we have prepared a kind of little rescue guide in case of drowning your smartphone .
After all, we are not all lucky enough to have a state-of-the-art smartphone such as the Galaxy Note 9, the Huawei P20 Pro or the iPhone X or some high-end IP68 certified competitors .
How to save and rescue your mobile fallen into the water?
By following these few steps, you should be able to save the life of your smartphone. Attention, however, the method works only for devices that offer easy access to the battery and circuits, with a removable rear shell so. Here is the way to go:
- Immediately remove the device from the water! Yes it seems logical but sometimes some users, panicking, tend to do a little anything and do not necessarily have this first reflex.
- Remove the battery as soon as possible to avoid burning. If possible of course, they are no longer removable on recent smartphones. Do the same with the SIM card and SD card.
- Sponge up with your first-aid kit – paper towels and cotton swabs for even the smallest nooks.
- Place your smartphone in a food bag with rice . You can also add sachets of Silica Gel. Remember to expel the air from the bag. Rice and Silica Gel will mop up all the moisture.
- Wait 48 to 72 hours before reopening the bag . The longer you wait, the better. Open the bag and check if everything is dry. Restart the machine to verify that the smartphone is working properly.
This method is proven but does not provide a 100% smartphone rescue . It works for water. Do not try to do the same thing if it has fallen into milk for example (yes yes, there are some who have already done so) or in any alcoholic or sweet drink. Personally, this trick has already saved many of my devices from the case. The rice method works just as well with your laptop as with your smartphone or any electronic device.
Finally know that even if the smartphone seems to work well, it will inevitably remain traces of oxidation in the device . Its life will be much shorter than if it had never happened to him. If you are one of the most clumsy users, it will be better to invest in a waterproof smartphone .